Melancholic Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Melancholic Academy

An insane asylum for the intelligently gifted.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Library

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Rinami
Warden
Rinami

Credits
Money: 5
Tickets: 0

The Library - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: The Library   The Library - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 2:21 am

First topic message reminder :

A room so large and grand it is paradise for every bibliophile.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
McKenzie
Warden
McKenzie

Credits
Money: 15

PostSubject: Re: The Library   The Library - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 2:03 pm

McKenzie stared at Raven smiling. "It could be worse. You could have a crush on him..." She said with a laugh. "You have nothing to worry about, Skylar."
Back to top Go down
Raven
Cool
Raven

Credits

PostSubject: Re: The Library   The Library - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 2:07 pm

Raven felt terrible she gazed at the floor in thought, she felt shameful Raven ran out of the Library heading for the torutre room
Back to top Go down
McKenzie
Warden
McKenzie

Credits

PostSubject: Re: The Library   The Library - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 2:08 pm

((I'll brb I have to go to the doctor D:))
Back to top Go down
SkylarMonroe
Cool
SkylarMonroe

Credits
Money: 45

PostSubject: Re: The Library   The Library - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 2:11 pm

Skylar sighed smiled at them wipping a few tears away. "I know, I guess I have worring traits like my mother" she said softly. Looking into McKenzie's eyes with her own. Quickly looking away she sighed "when I see him, I will tell him" she said.

((Ok byez btw I read the rant about Chase and Skylar haha))
Back to top Go down
Olive
New
Olive

Credits
Tickets: 10

PostSubject: Re: The Library   The Library - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 6:23 pm

Olive tottered on the edge of the ladder for a moment more before she finally dislodged the book. She swung back over to the ladder, feeling accomplished, and began to climb down.

On the last step, however, she tripped and fell back onto her backside. Stunned, she just sat there for a moment before quickly getting to her feet and brushing herself off. It wasn't too bad of a fall, she thought, looking upwards. Could have been a lot worse.

Olive looked down at her book with curiosity... To think, one of her professors had written this. It seemed so old...and so professional. Olive and a few of her colleagues had been published in a few papers, but nothing so polished and leather-bound as this. It seemed a different world away.
Back to top Go down
Celestine
Cool

Credits

PostSubject: Re: The Library   The Library - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 6:26 pm

Celestine began picking up the mess Olive had made, he smiled sweetly at her and jokingly said, "It's not polite to make noises in a library".
Back to top Go down
Olive
New
Olive

Credits

PostSubject: Re: The Library   The Library - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 6:32 pm

"Sorry," she said, setting down her book and fumbling to help pick up things. Olive did not sense the joking tone in his voice. "The book was out of place..."
Back to top Go down
Celestine
Cool

Credits

PostSubject: Re: The Library   The Library - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 6:42 pm

"I was joking honey, it's fine", Celestine said stacking the books
Back to top Go down
Olive
New
Olive

Credits

PostSubject: Re: The Library   The Library - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 6:46 pm

"...Oh," said Olive, with a mild mix of embarrassment and relief. And a little strangeness at being called "honey". Usually that only came from middle-aged women. She paused a moment before speaking up. "How...exactly do you tell? Is there a rule?"
Back to top Go down
Celestine
Cool

Credits

PostSubject: Re: The Library   The Library - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 6:49 pm

"Tell what my dear", Celestine looked up smiling at the younger girl.
Back to top Go down
Olive
New
Olive

Credits

PostSubject: Re: The Library   The Library - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 6:52 pm

"If somebody is joking," she said, plainly. She stacked the last of the misplaced books up and picked up the one on the fundamentals of particle physics that she had come for in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Celestine
Cool

Credits

PostSubject: Re: The Library   The Library - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 6:56 pm

"I'm not sure", Celestine said thinking, "I suppose it's the tone of their voice in addition to your own knowledge of that person and what they would say seriously and wouldn't". Celestine smiled at Olive, "You're very pretty my dear", he said placing the books back on their shelves.
Back to top Go down
Curly
New
Curly

Credits

PostSubject: Re: The Library   The Library - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 7:05 pm

Curly skips into the library
Back to top Go down
Olive
New
Olive

Credits

PostSubject: Re: The Library   The Library - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 7:07 pm

Olive nodded and made a mental note to pay more attention to the normal behavior of people... It was confusing... Why couldn't there just be a calculation, or something simple?

At his next comment, Olive clutched her book closer and concentrated on her feet. She wasn't at all used to being called pretty, nor even sure if she believed it. It made her uncomfortable and at a loss for how to respond.

"My proportions are odd," she said, turning slightly pink. "I know how I look. Nothing special." She decided it would be appropriate to thank him anyways. Compliments were to be thanked, even if untrue. "But thank you."
Back to top Go down
Raven
Cool
Raven

Credits

PostSubject: Re: The Library   The Library - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 7:07 pm

Raven come running into the library "Heyy Olive!" Raven said giving Olive a big hug "um..did I interrupt something?" Raven asked glaring at Olive
Back to top Go down
Celestine
Cool

Credits

PostSubject: Re: The Library   The Library - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 7:12 pm

"They're actually rather unique and attractive", Celestine said grabbing her shoulder.
Back to top Go down
Olive
New
Olive

Credits

PostSubject: Re: The Library   The Library - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 7:18 pm

((Glaring Olive? xDD Lolz, not how I intended it to come off.))

Olive tensed and let out a quiet squeak of surprise at the sudden hug. She didn't like being touched all of a sudden, and softly edged away, her shoulder seeming to end up in Celestine's hand.

"H-hi, Raven," she said, reflexively raising her book a little, almost like a shield. When she realized what she was doing, Olive quickly lowered it again. She looked at Celestine, rather puzzled. She had always heard differently, but was a little too frazzled to construct a thought-out counterargument.

"T-the sweater helps," she said, referring to her bulky garment. "Covers things up."
Back to top Go down
Celestine
Cool

Credits

PostSubject: Re: The Library   The Library - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 7:21 pm

"Trust me, you're perfect just the way you are", Celestine told the girl, smiling, he pushed his glasses back onto his nose
Back to top Go down
Olive
New
Olive

Credits

PostSubject: Re: The Library   The Library - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 7:32 pm

Olive turned a shade pinker and quickly averted her gaze. Perfection was statistically near impossible, assumed it was definable. The chances that she fit anything close to in were zero. Even so, it was kind of...nice...to be complimented so genuinely (she hoped it was genuinely, and not kidding). She felt compelled to leave her argument be.

"Thank you." Olive said, unsure of her own words. "...I think." She looked to Raven, who had apparently come for some reason.
Back to top Go down
Olive
New
Olive

Credits

PostSubject: Re: The Library   The Library - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 7:37 pm

((Ahh. She's offline. Backpedal~))

Raven seemed to have spaced out, or was looking somewhere else... Olive tilted her head, looking at her from a different angle, and then returned upright. Olive herself wasn't fond of being surprised out of deep thought, and so she opted not to disturb Raven for now.
Back to top Go down
Celestine
Cool

Credits

PostSubject: Re: The Library   The Library - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 7:39 pm

"Olive, we're the only ones here", Celestine noticed her looking around, Celestine smiled at her, "You're so sweet and kind and innocent, that's why I like you".
Back to top Go down
Olive
New
Olive

Credits

PostSubject: Re: The Library   The Library - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 7:50 pm

Olive, surprised, looked back to see that Raven was indeed gone. She could have sworn she was there a moment ago... Did she run out? Or perhaps this was the start of an episode? Olive's heart sank at the possibility. Things were going so well. Confusing...but she hadn't fled yet. Having a panic in front of her new acquaintance would be humiliating.

Sweet, kind, innocent. Those were something she didn't hear often... Olive felt a little elated, and couldn't help as a genuine smile crept onto her face - but only for a second. She looked back down at her book.

"Thank you," she said, ignoring her doubts about his sincerity for a moment. Wanting to somehow reciprocate, she thought for a moment. "I find you pleasant. A-and your face's symmetry is complimented by your glasses."
Back to top Go down
Celestine
Cool

Credits

PostSubject: Re: The Library   The Library - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 7:56 pm

Celestine looked at the sweet young girl, "I saw your smile, I can assure you I don't lie", Celestine smiled at her, "Thank you for the compliment, you're very sweet and kind, if you'd like to we could spend more time together".
Back to top Go down
McKenzie
Warden
McKenzie

Credits

PostSubject: Re: The Library   The Library - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 8:01 pm

McKenzie entered, humming quietly to herself and carrying a stack of books that were at least twice her weight and hid her entire face from view. She was stumbling and trying to keep the pile from wavering. She felt proud of herself. If she could see, she'd notice she was about to run into a carpeted pole.
Back to top Go down
Celestine
Cool

Credits

PostSubject: Re: The Library   The Library - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 8:03 pm

Celestine ran up to the pole and stood between it and McKenzie so she wouldn't be injured in anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Library   The Library - Page 7 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Library

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 7 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Melancholic Academy :: The Academy Grounds :: Second Floor-
Jump to:  
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com