Melancholic Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Melancholic Academy

An insane asylum for the intelligently gifted.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Lounge

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Rinami
Warden
Rinami

Credits
Money: 5
Tickets: 0

The Lounge - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: The Lounge   The Lounge - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 2:08 am

First topic message reminder :

Ward C's lounge for patients and students to rest.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Celestine
Cool

Credits
Money: 15

PostSubject: Re: The Lounge   The Lounge - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 6:45 am

Celestine turned around and saw the small girl; he eyed her up and down, observing her dress and hair. "Yes, I am Celestine L. Adler", the man said deeply puffing on the Black Shag in his pipe, "How do you know of me Courtney"
Back to top Go down
Courtney
New
Courtney

Credits

PostSubject: Re: The Lounge   The Lounge - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 6:49 am

Courtney smiled "well I've heard abit about everyone hear!" Corutney said smiling
Back to top Go down
Celestine
Cool

Credits

PostSubject: Re: The Lounge   The Lounge - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 6:53 am

Celestine eyed the girl suspiciously, "I see, can I help you then", he asked setting his pipe on the end table.
Back to top Go down
Courtney
New
Courtney

Credits

PostSubject: Re: The Lounge   The Lounge - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 6:56 am

Courtney smiled "no I'm okay! I was just drawn in by the smell of the tabacco" Courtney said cheerfully "I was was curious that's all! but if I disturbed you I'll go!" Courtney said smiling shyly
Back to top Go down
Celestine
Cool

Credits

PostSubject: Re: The Lounge   The Lounge - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 7:00 am

Celestine placed his hands on his hips and looked around. He cleared his throat and said, "No, have a seat. Tell me about yourself"
Back to top Go down
Courtney
New
Courtney

Credits

PostSubject: Re: The Lounge   The Lounge - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 7:05 am

Courtney smiled cheerfully and sat down near Celestine "well what would you like to know?" Courtney asked
Back to top Go down
Celestine
Cool

Credits

PostSubject: Re: The Lounge   The Lounge - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 11:52 pm

((Gonna repost lmao))

Celestine walked into the Ward C lounge and closed the door behind him. He was carrying a leather messenger bag that he threw on the couch. He then walked over to the window and made sure it was closed, didn't need any cold air blowing in after all. He removed his pipe case from his pocket, it contained his bent briar pipe, his Black Shag tobacco, his lighter, and his pipe tool. He filled the bowl of his pipe with the fine tobacco and lit it, the English blend's strong scented smoke bellowing from the bowl of the pipe and Celestine's mouth. He looked around, empty, just as he liked it. He unzipped the body of the messenger bag and pulled out a laptop. He hadn't browsed the internet in quite sometime, he deserved a little indulgence. He opened the computer and let it power on, taking a puff on his pipe, the smoke filling his mouth and exiting his nostrils. He opened up to a crime beat page and his web page. He skimmed the crime beat and looked for any sign of an interesting criminal, nothing, they were all morons. He then checked his web page, nothing. No emails or any sign of contact from anybody. Then again what did he expect? He was an orphan in Liverpool, who would contact him. He powered of his computer and slouched back in his chair. He took a deep draw on his pipe and released the smoke, "This is shit", he said to himself, his Liverpuddlian accent echoing in the empty room. It somehow seemed fitting.
Back to top Go down
Olive
New
Olive

Credits
Tickets: 10

PostSubject: Re: The Lounge   The Lounge - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 5:44 am

Olive hovered at the doorway, watching the smoke rise from his pipe against the light from his computer screen. She held in her hand a washed and neatly folded handkerchief that he had lent her at some point before, with the intention of returning it.

He seemed busy... Perhaps she would come back another time. Or maybe put it in an envelope and slip it under his door... As his computer closed and shut off, her excuses seemed to melt away. She doubted she could turn and leave unnoticed at this point anyways.

She saw Celestine sit back and swear to himself, though she didn't know why. Was something upsetting him?

Olive let out an unintentional cough, the remnants of her recent mild cold. There went any remaining notion of leaving quietly. She waved softly and walked in, and offered the hankey.

"Here," she said. "I wanted to return this."
Back to top Go down
Celestine
Cool

Credits

PostSubject: Re: The Lounge   The Lounge - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 9:09 am

Celestine gazed up at the younger girl, "Oh, thank you", he said happily, taking his cloth from the girl. "How are you today Olive", he said placing his pipe down hoping the smoke didn't upset her.
Back to top Go down
Olive
New
Olive

Credits

PostSubject: Re: The Lounge   The Lounge - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 12:44 am

Olive was not at all bothered by the smoke. It was something she now just associated with Celestine. It smelled like him. Even the handkerchief had smelled lightly of tobacco before she washed it.

"I'm well," said Olive, pleasantly. She didn't really know what else to say. Everything was pretty usual... "And you?"
Back to top Go down
Celestine
Cool

Credits

PostSubject: Re: The Lounge   The Lounge - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 1:19 am

Celestine walked over to his overcoat and placed the handkerchief in one of the inner pockets. He retook his seat and patted the seat beside him, "I'm glad to hear you're well", Celestine smiled at the girl. "We are in a mental institution after all". Celestine thought for a moment, he couldn't tell her that he was upset, it would be easier to lie, "I'm also well", Celestine said attempting a smile.
Back to top Go down
Olive
New
Olive

Credits

PostSubject: Re: The Lounge   The Lounge - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 1:59 am

Olive wasn't convinced. After seeing him slouch and swear at an empty room like he had moments ago... And yet he said he was. Olive stared, her blank face showing a mild mix of confusion and concern. She was hesitant to conflict him.

"'This is shit,'" she said, noticeably quieter on the last word. "That's what you said a moment ago. You didn't look happy."
Back to top Go down
Celestine
Cool

Credits

PostSubject: Re: The Lounge   The Lounge - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 2:47 am

Celestine looked at Olive and frowned, "Just upset about a few things love", he sighed, "I'm just happy to have you here and that you're okay".
Back to top Go down
Olive
New
Olive

Credits

PostSubject: Re: The Lounge   The Lounge - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 3:59 am

Olive bit the inside of her lip. She was unsure what she was suppose to do in this situation. He said her company made him feel better. She had initially just planned to go back to her room...but nothing was urgently waiting. Olive sat down in a chair and leaned back with a similar sigh.

"I can stay then," she offered. "Unless I should go."
Back to top Go down
Celestine
Cool

Credits

PostSubject: Re: The Lounge   The Lounge - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 4:07 am

Celestine thought about whether or not he should tell Olive what was upsetting him, after all she was a very kind person. He decided it best to test the waters first, "What do you think of me Olive", Celestine said putting his head down.
Back to top Go down
Olive
New
Olive

Credits

PostSubject: Re: The Lounge   The Lounge - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 4:16 am

Olive looked down at her feet, unsure what to say. She didn't want to offend him with her honesty, as she often did... But honestly, she thought nicely of Celestine. He was her first friend here, after all. After a moment, she spoke up.

"You're...tall, and thin. And you smell of tobacco, and a little like spice cabinet," she said, thinking over her words. "You're nice to everybody. A-and you understand about the people here, and don't judge. And you're my friend." She offered a small smile as she raised her gaze for a moment. Had she said the right thing? It was truly what she thought...but she felt she'd even rather lie if it would help right now.
Back to top Go down
Celestine
Cool

Credits

PostSubject: Re: The Lounge   The Lounge - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 4:20 am

Celestine looked at her and smiled, "Thank you Olive, that really helps", he thought about how sweet the younger girl was. He immediately hugged her happily and clung to her tightly.
Back to top Go down
Olive
New
Olive

Credits

PostSubject: Re: The Lounge   The Lounge - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 4:33 am

Olive was surprised at the sudden hug and instinctively tensed up. She was glad to have helped, though. After a minute she relaxed slightly and smiled. She hadn't really realized how warm people were in close proximity.
Back to top Go down
Celestine
Cool

Credits

PostSubject: Re: The Lounge   The Lounge - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 4:35 am

Celestine smiled and held his friend tightly, "You're so helpful Olive", Celestine was holding back tears.
Back to top Go down
Olive
New
Olive

Credits

PostSubject: Re: The Lounge   The Lounge - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 4:47 am

Olive didn't really feel that helpful. She was only telling him factual information that he surely knew about himself. But it still made her feel nice. It made her feel needed, something she hadn't felt for a long time. And he seemed happier as well.

Having somebody warm in her arms reminded her of her brother. She remembered being younger, the small, warm infant in her arms. He would be two now... And four months and seventeen days. But thinking about him would do no good now. She pushed it away and returned to her present thoughts.

"Thanks," she said. "Do you feel better? About the upsetting things?"
Back to top Go down
Celestine
Cool

Credits

PostSubject: Re: The Lounge   The Lounge - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 5:06 am

"A bit", Celestine said looking at the younger girls eyes, "You're a great person".
Back to top Go down
Olive
New
Olive

Credits

PostSubject: Re: The Lounge   The Lounge - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 8:13 am

Olive lowered her eyes shyly, feeling quite undeserving of that compliment. "Not really." If he really knew her, he'd see it. She just messed things up.
Back to top Go down
Celestine
Cool

Credits

PostSubject: Re: The Lounge   The Lounge - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 7:36 pm

Celestine had been in the lounge for hours now, he was tossing papers around the room. Notes he'd made, current newspapers, millions of papers were now scattered about the room. "DAMN IT", he yelled as he slumped on the couch. There was a strong smoke engulfing the room, coming from the seemingly tiny pipe. The smoke was a cherry scented and engulfed the entirety of the room. Celestine began coughing the minute he removed his pipe to breath and quickly reinserted the stem back into his mouth. He had closed the door tightly so as no smoke would exit the room, he wrenched his hair in his hands frustratedly and silently swore to himself.
Back to top Go down
Olive
New
Olive

Credits

PostSubject: Re: The Lounge   The Lounge - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 9:17 pm

Olive was on her way back from the classroom hallways, after fleeing the argument between Chase and Skylar. She wasn't sure why it bothered her so much... It was none of her business, and she had little investment in it... She just wished they could all get along. Of course, she had hardly helped. If anything, made it worse! She sighed and turned the corner, walking by the C-ward on the way to the B-ward halls.

The smell of tobacco smoke wafted by as she passed the door, and she thought of Celestine... Was he in the lounge? Probably. She hoped that he wouldn't set off a fire alarm. Olive paused, lingering by the door. Hesitantly, she reached out to the door knob and turned it as quietly as she could.

As soon as the door opened a crack, the smoky smell rushed out in full force. Olive blinked a few times and peeked in. Celestine looked stressed, holding his head in his hands and pulling on his hair. She didn't want to make anything worse...but it also felt wrong to just leave him like this.

Olive opened the door a little more, and it squeaked. She could now see the messy array of paper that covered the the floor and walls. It reminded her a little of her own room.

She looked up at Celestine, slightly worried. "What are you doing?" she asked quietly.

Back to top Go down
Celestine
Cool

Credits

PostSubject: Re: The Lounge   The Lounge - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 9:24 pm

Celestine glared through his glasses at Olive, "I'm fine", he answered frigidly. He stood up and walked toward the door and closed it. "Can I help you".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Lounge   The Lounge - Page 14 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Lounge

View previous topic View next topic Back to top